NICHOLAS AIR is seeking a full-time Fuel Analyst to join its growing team. This position is an executive-facing and takes ownership of ensuring the efficiency of the Company’s fuel consumption and adherence with fuel pricing and vendor standards, as well as price negotiation with individual providers.
The ideal person for this role has at least some base of aviation knowledge and has a proven track record of working with vendors, negotiating pricing programs, and understands the importance of timely follow-up. The Fuel Analyst is a full-time position based out of the corporate office in Oxford, Mississippi.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly manages the Company’s fuel pricing and consumption efficiency by working together across several departments of Flight Support, Accounting, Flight Operations, and Senior Leadership
- Responsible for creating scalable reporting systems to track effectiveness and compliance with the program by flight crews
- Work with Senior Leadership to determine best practices for achieving fuel savings throughout the entire fleet
- Work directly with FBOs and Fuel Vendors to ensure that the Company is receiving the best possible fuel rate for a given location
- Engage in weekly discussions with flight leadership to ensure that all standards are being adhered to and identifying areas that need improvement
- Work closely with Senior Management to develop and implement creative strategy across new projects as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of Vendor Relations or Price Negotiation Experience
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, as well as an ability to learn new technologies to aid in job function
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year, accredited college or university strongly preferred
- Prior aviation experience preferred
- This position is required to report daily to Oxford, MS Headquarters.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
“We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”