NICHOLAS AIR is looking for a skilled individual to manage a team of transportation drivers and a fleet of luxury company vehicles. The ideal candidate will be able to handle a wide range of elements, including responsibility of all vehicles and maintaining their readiness for dispatch. Competitive candidates will have managerial experience, as well as previous roles training and motivating individuals on their team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a fleet of company vehicles, overseeing the locations, conditions, and drivers.
- Required to keep the vehicles stocked, cleaned, and fueled at all times.
- Dispatch transportation drivers to cover regional operations within 150 miles of the company’s Oxford Headquarters.
- Hire and train new professionals into the department.
- Identify time-saving ways to allow for better cohesiveness within the department, while streamlining the entire group’s effort.
- Work directly with senior leadership to understand future planning needs.
- Manage ad hoc pick-up and deliver tasks as needed.
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Knowledge and Experience with Local Traffic Laws, Directions, and Maps
- Courteous, Professional, and Safe Driver
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 Years of Managerial and Training Experience
- 3-5 Years of Logistics Planning
- Previous Experience in Aviation is Preferred, but not Required.
- This position reports daily to the Oxford, Mississippi.
- Clean Driving Record with no moving violations in the last 5 years.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.